Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Weekday update #38: Anna Sui

Not much to say really except it's warming up nicely and I'm trying to wear all my wintry items while I can. Today's look is my tribute to Anna Sui.

(thrifted beaded collar; Victoria's Secret silk tuxedo shirt; vintage skinny belt; Banana Republic leather skirt; Nordstrom hosiery; Nine West "cowboy inspired" boots)

Sadly, the waist details, the best part about this dress, can't be seen in this photo. Essentially it's a silk trimmed piece with buttons that makes the dress looks like two very fitted pieces. When I bought this vintage dress, the label read "secretary wool dress." I had no idea what that meant, until I saw glorious Joan on Mad Men. I don't know if there is a specific type of dresses that the Mad Men wives worn (I guess those involved more puffy skirts), but the secretary dresses are perfectly awesome!

1 comment:

  1. Hi there-you're both looking stunning in black, the pops of red look lovely!

    ReplyDelete