Friday, March 27, 2009

Update #53: My So-Called "Drag" Shot

I don't suppose that this photo can pass as the kind of drag shot that gigi is referring to. Rather, when I wear this dress, I feel like a modern day flower child. I say modern because my flowy chiffon dress has these cool pockets that create a billowing draped shape that I see often in more modern designs. The pockets are too thin and shallow to be any good for holding stuff, but they are oh so fun to stick the hands in. To tie in a bit more of that 60s feel, I threw on a vintage coin belt gigi and I found on our vintage shopping excursion a few months ago. The funny thing is, here in Shanghai, the flower child concept is not well known, but I got quite a few compliments on putting together a very "pop star Korean look." Whatever that is, I am sure it's pretty cool too. :)

I love it when the bf takes my picture, he just snaps away while I do silly stuff. It was his opinion that I try to act more natural, but every time he went, "okay, 1-2-3," click!!, I'd strike what I considered a 'natural ' pose. Honey, every last one of them came out looking crazy. I looked like a drag queen! The worst one (which I will never share with the world) was of me getting my side profile on while sucking in my cheeks and arching my shoulders! So moments before this photo was snapped, my bf says, "um, you might want to scrap the "natural" bit cause you're coming out a little dude-ish looking. A pretty dude, but still a dude!" Man, I laughed so hard and before I knew it, the camera went, 'click!' So bf hands the camera back to me and says, "see, that wasn't so bad now was it!"

(Adriana Papel bolero; Lulu Guinness studded scarf; thrifted tank; Lucky Jeans; Cole Haan g-series boots)

(one of my so-called "drag" shots! LOL!!!)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the info and the compliment!

    ReplyDelete