Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weekday update #25: Simply red

Continuing with yesterday's theme of wearing little dresses to work, I dug out this colorful bubble dress with a jeweled collar. To tone down the jewels, I threw on a little grey cardigan for the office and my usual red jacket for outdoors. Gigi advised that I should give the red jacket its day in the limelight so here it is. The jacket was one of those lucky finds one happens upon when one is not really looking. Three years ago, I spent New Years day in Hong Kong, where my boyfriend, now husband, suggested a boat ride. The ride was super fun, but I came off of it absolutely frozen in my little sweater. I ducked into the nearest shop and put on the first jacket I saw. And this was it. It turned out to be less than $20 and I have gotten tons of wear out of it in the last three years.

A gorgeous day calls for gorgeous shoes. I've had these shoes for years, but I usually wear them once a year, at Xmas time. That would probably explain why they still hurt like brand new shoes as they've never been properly broken in. Honestly, I believe a great shoe does not need to be broken in. It should be good to go right out the box. Aye, there's the rub. Pun intended!
(BCBG Max Azria jacket; Kensie dress; DKNY hosiery; Steven by Steve Madden platform pumps)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you kindly. I've often wondered if it was part of a suit! That reminds me to check e-bay and Google to find out. If so, I'll let you know. Take care.

    ReplyDelete