Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Weekday update #19: Belt it

One of my favorite runway looks from the spring/summer 2009 shows is Chloe's paper bag skirts and shorts gathered at the waist with a romantic fabric belt. So when I saw this skirt hanging on a picked over sales rack at BCBG looking rather lonely, I had to save it from an unloved fate. The original belt was of the same color and material as the skirt. It didn't drape the way I wanted to, so I replaced it with a soft silk scarf. Without deliberately matching it to the shirt, they turned out to go together. Such is fashion luck I guess.

I have a picture of Kate Moss that someone snapped of her in London, walking in the rain, in a get up similar to this one. It looked comfortable and easy. It rained today and I wanted walking in the rain, to and from work (my car that is...), to be comfortable and easy. You can't tell from the looks of this photo, but yesterday was my best hair day ever! As you can see, I don't ask for much. ^_^ (Banana Republic velvet trimmed cardigan; BCBG tank top; suede belt & silk skirt - vintage; Cole Haan g-series boots)

No comments:

Post a Comment