Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Weekday update #8: It's not about the trend

If the bubble dress and polka dots are already out this season, then turn away from my photo now! I'm quite sure leather and lace are well beyond passé. No matter. Anyone who knows me knows that I've always been just a little left or right of center! I suppose you could say that C and I are avant-garde in respect to our sense of fashion. Last night I watched Deadwood. As you can see, it spilled over onto today. I bet some were thinking, can-can dancer. Nope, all wrong. I was merely trying to show off my funky tights, but the lighting was not working for me, so I just gave up.

As a side bar, C was so well put together that I immediately gasped when I saw her! I always look forward to seeing what she'll wear every single day. She's just got that certain, how do the French say?... "I don't know what?"

The fashion magazines may have stated long ago that bubble dresses and, for that matter, polka dots are way over. But I don't care. I love them all the same and preferably together like in this coat, which I always wear as a dress. I spotted it in a tiny sliver of a shop on my last visit to Singapore. The shop owner had no idea about the quite fabulous designer label and sold it to me at way way way below market price. Nothing beats a great deal, especially one that makes my world a prettier place.

2 comments: