Saturday, January 24, 2009

Weekday update #13: the mood is purple

There are days when I wake up feeling like the prettiest and luckiest girl in the whole world. I don't mean prettiest or luckiest in comparison to anyone else, but in the most absolute and abstract sense. It's a validation of one's being. It's a good feeling. This was not one of those days. I woke up feeling . . . well . . . purple. Purple is an infinitely better feeling than blue, so I am sticking to it.

You know, C and I tend to wear the same colors on the same day a lot! We never discuss what we are going to wear with one another, yet somehow we wind up approaching each day with a similar sense of style choices. This morning it was very chilly, to me at least, so I chose to wear leather. I also needed a cool color to give this chocolate dress a little "pick me up." As I reached for this purple & yellow shirt this morning, who knew that C would also be strutting her stuff in the exact same color?! That's just too uncanny. As I look back through our posts, I have to chuckle a little. There are many, many days that we have on the same color or material type. I suppose the saying is true... great minds think alike!

(leather dress - Ralph Lauren Collection; silk shirt - vintage; waist belt - Linea Pelle; tights - Amsterdam; boots - Isaac Mizrahi)

No comments:

Post a Comment