Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Weekday update #1: Introducing the two styles

For most, getting dress to go to the office is not something to look forward to. I, on the other hand, enjoy it immensely. After all, I can't always control what happens at the office, but I am fully in charge of how I look and how much fun I have with it. It gets even better when there are like-minded people at the office who I look forward to seeing everyday. J (below) and I may have very different tastes in clothing, but our urge to play with style is the same. Here is to launching "a tale of two styles" at the office!

Today, there was a gloom that spread from the sky to my closet and resulted in my gray/black ensemble. To counter the depressing mood, I tied on a long purple silk scarf. The cool and soft silk felt comforting against the skin and lifted the spirit instantly.



Gigi says: For me, getting dressed is a big deal. I've always been a character and have never had any real reservations about acting out as such. Each day begins and ends in "character." On this day, I woke up singing that infamous Beatles tune, "Mrs. Robinson." All morning long, that song continued on and on in my head. Even when showering and later while making coffee! It was during my 1st "cup of Joe" that I decided on this morning to put my best character foot forward and be Mrs. Robinson. However, from the looks of my photo, it screams 'evil schoolmarm!' I do mean well, I swear it. Anyhoo, I must confess that Cathy snagged this photo of me as I was headed to my boss's office and let's just say, I wasn't in the photo taking mood. But, leave it to Cathy to say to me in her oh-so-calming voice, "J, you should smile more." Well let's just say after this photo was published, I totally got her meaning. Anyhow, smile or no smile, I can still attest to the fact that I look pretty darn good. Okay, so I'm biased. Did you expect anything less?...

1 comment: